Built in the 18th century, the Grand Hotel Villa Medici, that occupies the premier location in the city, is an exquisitely detailed hotel with its vaulted ceilings, marble columns, gilt-framed mirrors and authentic antique furniture.
The hotel’s grand interiors feature a Royal Apartment now completely restored to its former splendor and a recent complete renovation of the penthouse floor yields white Carrara marble bathrooms, silk wall coverings, and a selection of antique furnishings.
Each accommodation presents original antique furnishings and tapestries. The wide windows framing the hill of Florence and the typical Tuscany landscape add a special touch to the 100 rooms and suites, featuring also contemporary style, to the Grand Hotel Villa Medici. The Royal Suite and Penthouse suite with private pool on the terrace deserves also a special notice for the sophisticated ambiance.
The restaurant "Lorenzo de' Medici", with its revised Tuscan cuisine, will provide an excellent dining experience while in Florence. The restaurant is sided by the "Conservatory", with its modern interior and long veranda leading out into the garden and pool. Clients of both restaurants can equally enjoy warm summer nights by listening to live music and tasting the exquisite wines of our menu.
The Jockey Bar boasts the view on the lush garden with swimming pool. The architect has succeeded in balancing the modern style of the bar with the old and traditional style of the Hotel. A cosy fireplace corner is ideal for a romantic conversation or for reading one of the precious books taken from the shelves. During the nice season, from Tuesday to Monday every night starting from 7:00 p.m. the piano bar will accompany the guests for an appetizer, for dinner and after dinner.
- Located in the centre of Florence and close to the Opera Theatre and the Arno River.
- Fully air-conditioned
- 100 rooms and suites, many offering terraces with spectacular views of Florence and the surrounding hills
- Each room with telephone, fully stocked minibar, room service, safe, satellite TV with CNN Channel, hairdryer, bathrobes, and data ports; suites offer fax machines
- Outdoor garden with “8” shaped swimming pool
- New “Conservatory” by the swimming pool open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- More original antiques decorate public areas and rooms
- Restaurant Lorenzo de Medici for fine Florentine and Italian cuisine
- Summer garden terrace
- American Bar “The Jockey Bar” with live piano music at night
- Sina Fitness Club with aerobic and weight machines, steam room and sauna
- Two recently completely renovated rooftop conference rooms plus third meeting room accommodating 12 to 90 people
- Garage with valet services
- Dry-cleaning and laundry services