Venice & Verona 7 Day Itinerary
Duration: 6 nights
Prices include: Flights Transfers
Holiday At A Glance
- Experience 2 beautiful cities
- Perfect for culture and history explorers
- 7 nights in 2 beautiful boutique hotels
- Includes flights and transfers
- Optional train transfer available
- Ca’Sagredo Hotel
- Grand Hotel Des Arts ( Hotel Indigo)
Fall in love with Venice & Verona on our 7-day itinerary
Verona is home to the ancient Arena, where some of Italy’s finest opera seduces the ears every year between June and August. Shakespeare chose to set his tragedy, Romeo & Juliet, in the beautiful city of Verona and it was once chosen by the Romans to rest their shields and spears, leaving behind an impressive cultural and architectural footprint from mediaeval palaces and fresco-festooned churches.
Venice offers year-round escapes for a short break in beautiful, historic and tranquil surroundings. A short break in the magnificent city built on the water provides a great opportunity to get away from the daily stress of modern life for a few nights of luxury and traditional Italian hospitality. In Venice, you drift along the canals by gondola and float back in time as you admire Byzantine, Renaissance and Baroque architecture. It is simply the romance capital of the world built on water, with traffic free streets crowded by people enjoying this amazing treasure on earth.
Arrive at Verona Valerio Catullo airport and with just a short taxi journey, you arrive at the Grand Hotel Des Arts. Spend the next couple of days in the heart of Verona with the knowledge that you are never far from the sites, located on Corso Porta Nuova, you are just 750 metres from Piazza Brà and from Verona Arena. The Lamberti Tower, the tallest historic building in Verona (84 metres), is located about 1.4 km away. The Museum of Castelvecchio, with its thirty halls, housed within the Scala family castle dating back to the 14th century, is around 900 metres away.
As you are staying in Verona, what could possibly scream romance more than a musical extravaganza in one of the most romantic cities in the world - treat yourself to a night at the Opera! We can help book your tickets for the opera when we arrange this Verona and Venice break for you.
Time to leave the beautiful city of Verona behind you as we transfer you to Venice in your private car or if you prefer we can transfer you by first class train using the high speed rail link, getting you to Venice in around 1.5 hours.
Check in at the beautiful Ca'Sagredo Hotel, home to one of the most important Venetian families and is a step into its Venetian past . A Private Palazzo, a Noble Residence, a Museum, a Luxury Hotel and much more all lies here at Ca'Sagredo.
Explore enchanting Venice, drift along the canals by gondola and float back in time as you admire Byzantine, Renaissance and Baroque architecture. Visit St. Mark’s Square mesmerised by the view; enjoying your Italian coffee at one of the many small cafes and bars overlooking the cool waters of the lagoon, or indulging in a classical music concert in one of the small churches - you are sure to have a satisfying stay!
Time to depart from your hotel and head to Venice Marco Polo Airport to head home.
Please note that this itinerary is self-guided and does not include tours, lunches or dinners. It is given as guidance only, based on our experience of the town and cities.
Where you will stay:
- 4 nights at the charming Art Nouveau Grand Hotel Des Arts in the heart of Verona
- 3 nights stay in the historical Ca'Sagredo Hotel in the heart of Venice
Economy car hire is not included but can be added if you wish
- Transfers are included in this holiday and include to and from the airports and between Verona and Venice
- We can offer transfer by high-speed train as an alternative ( train journey time around 1.5 hours
- Flights are available from London Gatwick, Stansted & Manchester (on selected days only) and a supplement may apply to some departures depending on the price of the flights on the chosen date. Package price is based on London Gatwick Easyjet flights and given as guidance only. An up-to-date price will be given to you at the time of your enquiry.
- 20 kg check-in luggage per person is included
- You can start your holiday in Venice and end at Verona for no extra cost
- You can extend your stay at the start or the finish to take in other areas ( Maybe the lakes or Milan, or even transfer into Slovenia, Ljubljana is 2.5 hours from Venice)
- Add cooking and wine tasting experiences in both hotels/areas
- Add private tours with an expert guide
- Add private transfers instead of car hire
|High Season||Price from £1,392 pp|
|Low Season||Price from £733 pp|
Have a question, or want to discuss how we can personalise this holiday for you, please call one of our travel experts or enquire online.
01694 722 193