This holiday is perfect for anyone looking for stylish boutique hotels, an excellent choice of great food & wine, warm Italian culture, amazing history & natural beauty.
Puglia is one of our favourite parts of southern Italy. It is packed full of cultural attractions and beautiful scenery, but is much less touristy than other parts of the country. It is perfect for anyone looking to get away from it all.
Our Puglia Town and Country two centre itinerary offers the perfect way in which to enjoy the best of Puglia. We have selected two of our favourite hotels, which always enjoy excellent feedback from our customers, and combined them with private transfers and some wonderful holiday experiences.
Remember that this is just a sample itinerary, you are free to choose the hotels and the holiday duration which suits you.
Arrive at Bari Airport, meet your driver and transfer to Relais Corte Altavilla for your first three nights. Check in and enjoy a welcome aperitif. Depending on the arrival time of your flight you will then have free time to relax and enjoy your welcome dinner at the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, Terrazzo Goffredo, a four-course tasting menu (you can choose fish, meat or vegetarian menu) excluding beverages which will be payable locally to the hotel.
Orientation meeting with the hotel’s front office to find out more about the region followed by a two-hour walking tour of the town of Conversano. This will help you familiarise yourself with the surroundings of Relais Corte Altavilla. It is conveniently located in the historic quarter within walking distance of the castle, cathedral and many other historic buildings. Lunch and the rest of the afternoon are at leisure. That evening you will enjoy a wine-tasting session with a Sommelier at the hotel. You will be tasting three different regional wines which will take about 60 - 90 minutes during which you will be served olives and taralli, a savoury snack, which is a speciality of this region. Dinner at leisure. There are a number of very good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel to choose from as well as typical trattorias where you can experiment with the local cuisine in beautiful surroundings. We will be happy to make suggestions and book these for you in advance or you can do this through the hotel staff locally.
Day at leisure. Suggested tours: We recommend a full day tour visiting Castel Del Monte (Unesco World Heritage Site) & Trani or a day trip to Matera, another Unesco site located in the region of Basilicata but only about 90 min drive from Relais Corte Altavilla. These tours can be arranged at a supplement. At 5pm it’s time for your spa experience for two - Salus Aquam Route - where you will enjoy the sauna, body exfoliating and the jacuzzi in the hotel’s intimate and charming spa Dinner is at leisure.
After breakfast, check out and start your tour for today. Visit the town of Polignano a Mare, a beautiful coastal town only a few kilometres from your hotel. You will have time to explore the historic part on foot at your leisure. Here you will be able to taste some of the best ice cream in the region. Meet your driver around midday and continue to Alberobello, home to the iconic Trulli houses, another Unesco site in Puglia. The majority of the Trulli homes are in one particular area, most of which serve as galleries, souvenir shops, B&Bs or as restaurants. You will be able to walk through the narrow, cobbled streets and enjoy this mystical place at your own pace. If you wish, pause for lunch in Alberobello at your leisure. Meet your driver again to be taken to Ostuni, a whitewashed hilltop city with some beautiful Baroque buildings as well as amazing views of the coast from the terraces nestled between houses and restaurants at the top of the historic quarter. You will be given approx. 2 hours to enjoy the old town at leisure in Ostuni. Meet you driver around 5 pm to be taken to your 2nd accommodation, check in and relax at the hotel. Dinner is at leisure.
Day at leisure
Day at leisure
Depending on the departure time of your flight, transfer to the airport.
Optional extras at a supplement:
• Full day trip to Trani and Matera with a private driver (guide service is not included)
• Full day tour to Lecce & Gallipoli
• Wine & olive oil tasting at local cellars
• The option of car hire instead of private transfers is available upon request
Where you will stay:
• 3 nights boutique Hotel Relais Corte Altavilla B&B (Free upgrade to Top Standard or Junior Suite subject to availability)
• 3 nights stay at charming Masseria Montenapoleone based on B&B basis in a Classic Room (Room upgrades available at a supplement)
• A private transfer is included in this package as well as a tour on Day 4. Additional tours can be added at a supplement. Please talk to our team at the time of your enquiry.
• Flights are available from London Gatwick, Stansted & Manchester (on selected days only) and a supplement may apply to some departures depending on the price of the flights on the chosen date. Package price is based on London Gatwick Easyjet flights and given as guidance only. An up-to-date price will be given to you at the time of your enquiry.
• 20 Kg luggage per person is included in the costing of the package.