At a glance
||Foodies, Exploring the Countryside
||Cooking Class, Wine & Olive Oil Tasting, Welcome Dinner
Surrounded by 50,000 olive trees, with a wonderful pool & not far from the coast. The excellent restaurant means great choices for food-lovers!
Masseria Bosco has huge character and personality, massive popularity with clients, and amazing abundant cuisine. It is just fabulous, that's a fact!
This Masseria is in one of the lesser-known parts of Puglia, in a rural setting, surrounded by 50,000 olive trees, and with a wonderful swimming pool. 2km from Avetrana and more or less equidistant (43km) from Brindisi, Lecce and Taranto, it is perfect for exploring some of Salento's "hidden " Puglia, as well as its important historic cities. The beautiful Ionian sea, with its sandy beaches, is also only about 8 km away.
A great choice for food-lovers, the cuisine, based on local and Pugliese recipes, is superb, plentiful and flavoursome. Very well-known locally, the Masseria has a well-deserved reputation for the fantastic seasonal food it serves, which is often quite unusual and always with the focus very much on 'slow food'. Still a working farm, with 100 hectares of olive trees, lemon and orange groves, an uncle cultivates mostly organic vegetables, which end up on the table, in the restaurant.
Save up to 30%. The offer expires 31st March 2019.
Arrive at Bari Airport (or Brindisi Airport) collect your hire car at the terminal and start driving to Masseria Bosco or Strazzati for your four night
s stay. Check-in and relax. Depending on the arrival time of your flight enjoy your welcome dinner at the hotel’s restaurant. Welcome Gourmet dinner (meat or fish or vegetarian) on request with starter, pasta, second course and side dish, fruit or dessert) excluding beverages. Afternoon at your leisure to enjoy the surroundings, or possibly drive to a nearby beach.
After breakfast meet your host whom will take you to their own Winery and the Oil Mill + Light Lunch – Here you will receive information on the wine and olive oil production. Light lunch in Masseria with first course, second course and side dish, fruit, coffee and water. During the lunch, you will have the opportunity to taste Masseria’s wines and organic olive oil. Dinner at your leisure.
Cooking class + lunch – cooking Apulian traditional food and enjoying what you have cooked for lunch. Your lunch also includes water and one glass of wine per person.Afternoon at your leisure.
Day at your leisure. We suggest a full day tour to Lecce to enjoy the Baroque city at your own pace. Salento is also famous for its finest Puglian wines and you will be able to visit a number of wineries in this area independently. We will be happy to give you information as well as book some visits for you on this tour.
Depending on the departure time of your flight, return your hire car to the airport and check in for your flight home.
Where you will stay:
• 4 nights charming boutique Hotel Masseria Bosco or Masseria Strazzati based on a B&B basis in a Deluxe Room. Junior Suite also available at a supplement.
• Economy hire car is included (excluding excess waiver protection)
• Flights are available from London Gatwick, Stansted & Manchester (on selected days only) and a supplement may apply to some departures depending on the price of the flights on the chosen date. Package price is based on London Gatwick Easyjet flights and given as guidance only. An up-to-date price will be given to you at the time of your enquiry.
• Hand luggage only (check-in bag can be added at a supplement)
• Extend your stay for additional nights
• Add another hotel from different parts of the region such as Savelletri, Conversano or Matera to make the break a multi-centre holiday
• Add private transfers instead of hire car