An urban chic, stylish hotel with everything you need from a centrally located charming hotel!
Castanheiro Boutique Hotel is located in the historical centre of Funchalin a premium and quiet location, within walking distance to harbour, bars, cafes, shops and restaurants. This newly opened charming hotel is in the historic zone close to Palace of Jesuits, and other sites of interests in Funchal.
Consist of five different historic buildings, beautifully restored and linked to each other in the heart of the historic town, is a real journey in time as you discover three centuries long history while walking through this magnificent work of architecture. Staring with the 18th century, as one the oldest building was an atelier to a local craftsman, is followed by a 19th century mansion, home to a local merchant and carries the typical features of its era. Across the courtyard you will find the other three buildings belonging to early 20th century which was used as a base for a typography company also name to the hotels’ a la carte restaurant Tipografia.
This unique boutique hotel is a great example of mastering the period architecture with 21st century use. You can also see number of period pieces, furniture and antiques from these trades that embraced the journey from different centuries. A stay in Castanheiro Boutique Hotel is a walk back in time with a tranquil ambiance and urban location.
Tipografia – The Mediterranean Restaurant located near the Patio courtyard offers a unique casual dining experience during your stay with beautiful local and fresh flavours.
All prices are ‘from prices’ and can fluctuate during each month. All prices are subject to change/amendment. Prices are stated as per person, per week, based on the standard occupancy of the room/villa/apartment. Prices are inclusive of car hire or transfers, as well as an estimate of flight costs, all covered by our ATOL protection. Flight prices can vary significantly by date and departure airport, so please contact us for your own personalised quote.
Whilst weekly prices are shown, our holidays are tailor made and individual nights can be booked at many of our properties. Please call us or use the Enquire Now form for our latest prices & availability.
- A La Carte Mediterranean restaurant
- Coffee & Tea Bar
- Cocktail Bar
- Heated outdoor rooftop swimming pool with panoramic solarium
- Pool towels
- Deck-lounge restaurant & bar (snacks and light meals)
- Garden courtyard (north inner terrace) near the Coffee and tea bar
- Patio courtyard (south inner terrace) near the Restaurant and conference and events room
- Spa with relax area, hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi, sauna, therapeutic and relaxing massages and beau
- Fitness Room
- Laundry service and dry cleaning on request
- Reception Lounge (24 hours)
- Free Wireless Internet available in all public and private areas of hotel
- Underground car park for hotel guests
- Tea and coffee making facilities on request