Hotel San Giuseppe
Hotel near Tropea, Calabria & Basilicata
Prices include: Flights Car hire
Accommodation At A Glance
- Based on 7 nights
- Including Flights
- Including Car Hire
- Half-Board Basis
On a picture-perfect beach, stylish rooms and wholesome cuisine. Long Travel clients love the San Giuseppe’s fabulous pool and the clear sea.
Literally right by the sea, with only its own private beach in front of it, and not much else close by, the setting of this hotel is magical. Just 15km north of Tropea, small and in a fairly modern Mediterranean-style, it nestles into the curve of a white, sandy bay. Family-run, its dining room and terraces, dotted with palms, overlook the sea. The food, based on typically Calabrian cuisine, is simply cooked, allowing the deliciously fresh ingredients to speak for themselves. It may not be the fare or impeccable service of an haute cuisine restaurant, but it is good.
The rooms are located in three separate buildings. Those in the main hotel, which is a pale, sunny yellow and right by the beach, are furnished in Mediterranean style, and most have sea-view and balcony, although the enormous rubber plants sometimes obscure the view a little. Here, there are spacious suites or family rooms (usually with bunk beds). Just next to this, but in a separate building, which has been painted a marine blue to echo the colours of the sea, there are eight rooms on three floors. The rooms in both of these are of good quality.
San Giuseppe Sopra dominates the cliff, about 400m from the main buildings, up a steep track. Built on two floors and with great style, the rooms have a quality feel about them, with craftsman-made iron beds and tasteful wooden furniture. Almost all have sea-view (first floor have the best) and communicating terraces, separated by plants and pots. Located here and with spectacular views, the impressive swimming pool and bar make a stunning focal point. Guests will eat and use the facilities down at the main area. Even the infrequently used, single track, electric local railway line, which runs approx 50m behind the building, does not detract from the beauty of this spot, which must be seen to be believed.
Quite a lively family hotel in peak season, they offer activities for adults and children. Although the owners do their best to ensure that these do not impinge on guests who do not wish to participate, there will be music played, during the day, around the main building, especially in July and August. Inevitably, at other periods, it assumes a different atmosphere, so that it can easily fit the bill for most people.
This hotel offers its guests a superb beach holiday and we have chosen it for this and its splendid location.
Prices include: Flights Car hire
- Down by the beach, 20 rooms/suites, all en-suite
- In San Giuseppe Sopra, 75 rooms, all en-suite
- All rooms have safe, hairdryer, mini-bar & TV (Satellite television available 01/06-30/09 at extra charge, payable locally)
- Restaurant & Bar
- Swimming pool all season, weather permitting and poolside bar
- Wifi is free of charge, only available down by beach
- Private beach all season; sandy beach open 25/4 to 26/10
- Obligatory club ticket, free for Long Travel guests – includes 1 beach umbrella, 1 deck chair, 1 sunbed per room and use of canoe *
- *From 06/06 to 05/09 only, the following are also included: entertainment; beach games; water aerobics; mini-club playgroup (4-10 yrs) at fixed hours; disco; beach volleyball.
- Evening musical entertainment at certain times of the year
- Excursions including Stromboli, payable locally
- Shuttle to Briatico,Tropea and Pizzo, payable locally
- Beach towels, payable locally
- Tourist tax approx. €2 per person per day for maximum of 7 days, payable locally
“The beach was glorious and the perfect place to enjoy the fine weather. We were pleased with the location of the hotel and the rooms. ” Barbara & David, Bolton
“The beach is fabulous and there are free kayaks to use. The rooms in Sopra by the pool are large. Flexible with food for kids.” Alison & Anastasios, Winchester
“We joined up with another family for our summer holiday and we all had such a great time. The kids enjoyed all the activities and the super beach and when they’re happy, we’re happy. A first class choice for us all!” Josh, Alex, Richard & Hannah, Sleaford
Available Board Basis
4 hrs 40 mins
Places of Interest
Tropea, Pizzo, Vibo Valentina
Distance to Coast
On the sea
Have a question, or want to discuss how we can personalise this holiday for you, please call one of our travel experts or enquire online.
01694 722 193