- About Us
- Special Offers
Ray & Annie's special love nest, a boutique trullo with great pool - fab darling! Paul can't believe how spacious this trullo is for just two people and how much land it has. We all love it inside and out and think it's one of the most romantic places ever!
Impressive double gates and a sweeping driveway set the scene for one of Cisternino's most romantic trulli. Unbelievably spacious for only two people, we could easily have put another bedroom and shower room into Trullo Zingaro, but decided to make it something spectacular for two - and we have succeeded. From the moment you see our "Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers" stone steps, leading up to the front terrace, you will see that this trullo is really fantastic.
In a lovely elevated location, just over 2km from Cisternino, Trullo Zingaro is semi-detached from Trullo Mandorla by only about one and a half metres of thick stone wall. Guests' privacy is assured, with the use of impressive dry stone walls, landscaping and tree planting, and by providing totally separate driveways, parking areas and outside spaces, which are also opposite-facing. They are actually very separate and private from one another. With lovely views, and set in two and a half acres, they dominate the landscape and are admired by all. In fact, they are so wonderful that a well-known Italian television channel featured them in a programme about trullo renovation, as superb examples.
Trullo Zingaro is absolutely blessed with areas to sit out and enjoy the sun or follow the shade. The top terrace is in two parts. One part overlooks the cascading garden and grounds, with their mature Mediterranean trees and shrubs. The other has its own beautiful old olive tree, so is a perfect spot for relaxing in the shade. The lower one, with a built-in barbecue, has similar views and, although large, has been put into a wonderful "nook" to ensure maximum privacy.
A path winds its way to the "hidden " pool, shared only with Trullo Mandorla. As if there in secret, the pool sits, in sheltered seclusion and privacy, behind tall dry stone walls, but is open at one end to enjoy the lovely panorama- absolute heaven!
A very special example of a trullo, the characterful interior has masses of exposed stone and the décor picks up the natural colours of ivories and rusts. The living area is extremely generous and quite open-plan. Creamy-white local ceramics and furniture give it a superbly tasteful ambience - a lightness of touch only possible in a trullo for couples, where we know that appreciative guests will look after it well.
This is a dream of a place - a very special trullo indeed. As Karen, from Carlisle, put it, "Trullo Zingaro was all we hoped for and more - like having our own little castle for two weeks! " The trullo is even well-stocked with wine from our neighbour's vineyard (and an honesty box) - ridiculously reasonably priced,it has proved to be very popular - very popular, indeed! Another highlight is our olive oil - extra virgin, cold press and as organic as it gets, it is Pugliese oil at its best.
Smoking - we ask smokers to smoke outside only please.
Places of Interest:
Martina Franca, Alberobello, Matera
Distance to Coast:
Approx. 20 minutes
- Spacious, sleeps up to 2
- Highly recommended for early and late bookings and all year round
- Wood-burning stove, with wood provided, free of charge
- Central heating included for early, late and winter bookings; other times supplement payable
- Twice-weekly clean (0900-1300), included
- Towels and beach towels provided
- Washing machine & dishwasher
- CD player
- Wi-Fi (signal strength variable and not always reliable)
- Mosquito nets & safe
- Smoking - outside only please
- Shared pool with sunbathing terraces; 12/04/14-01/11/14 and 04/04/15-31/10/15, weather permitting
- Spacious & special - a dream of a trullo.
- One double "trullo " bedroom, en-suite shower room, with washing machine.
- Large living/dining room, in another cone, with rattan easy chairs, dining table and chairs, and with steps & arch to comfortable, cosy snug, also in a small cone, with wood-burning stove & more rattan easy chairs.
- Separate well-equipped kitchen, also in cone, with oven, four-ring hob, dishwasher & fridge freezer.
"The trulli experience is “trulli” unique." George & Tina, London
"Thank you for an unforgettable stay. This was a wonderful place to come and relax and Trullo Zingaro was everything we had hoped for and more." Maxine & Herman, Harrogate
"We were greeted by the lovely Sandro and the trullo, in an idyllic setting, well exceeded our expectations." Jess & Lucy, North Ferriby
"What a lovely relaxing time. We came to chill out and eat good food and it has been very easy to do just that!" Caroline & Mitchell, Milton Keynes
"We have just enjoyed the most relaxing week in Trullo Zingaro. Your trullo is awesomely beautiful. Some days out, some days in, wall to wall sunshine and a brilliant pool. Dry stone walls amazing. Sunsets, stillness and genuine peace and quiet. Beautiful scenery, olive groves, almond trees. Ah well…back to Essex with a heavy heart!" Michael & Lynn, Harlow
"This is a “trulli” magical trullo." John & Susie, Haywards Heath
"Trullo Zingaro was all we hoped for and more - like having our own little castle for two weeks! " Karen, Carlisle
Steve Bleach wrote for The Sunday Times, "It's a model restoration, the perfect blend of comfort and character - space and cool stone inside, olive groves cascading down the terraced hillside outside. "
"Loved Trullo Zingaro - a great mix of rustic charm and luxury. " Maria & Paul, Pinner, Middx
"The purpose of our holiday was to do nothing, unwind and relax - Trullo Zingaro resplendent with its superb pool came up to the mark - a 'trulli' lovely trullo. " Howard & Jackie, Altrincham
"Trullo Zingaro is all the brochure photos promise and more. Such a beautiful place can never be truly captured properly. We have loved our stay here. " Sam & Jim, Staffs
"2 weeks of blue sky and perfect temperatures. The trullo and pool have exceeded our expectations, as has Puglia. A memorable holiday on a fantastic part of Italy. " Mark & Lorna, Shrewsbury
"Long Travel thank you for all your advice and knowledge. The trullo is a masterpiece of collaboration between Ray and Annie, the architect and the builder. We asked for somewhere with a view…and boy we got it! " Tessa & Brian, Petworth, W Sussex
"Glorious week. Trullo Zingaro has been a great home from home for our holiday - fantastic restoration Ray and Annie. " Zoe & James, Dubai
"Thanks for an idyllic holiday. Wall to wall sunshine……….. " Graham & Judith, Chelmsford
"The trullo more than fulfilled our expectations and was the best equipped self-catering accommodation we've ever had. " Alexandra, Leatherhead
"A perfect haven of tranquillity - we'll be back. " Louise & Anthony, Watford Village
"Your brochure descriptions always match reality, but, Annie and Ray, here, the reality totally surpasses the description. " Richard & Janet, Bedford
TRULLO ZINGARO PUGLIA SELF-CATERING
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
Pricing Information (Footer):
• Central heating included in the following periods - 04/10/14-01/05/15 & 03/10/15-08/01/16. At other times, heating will be on request and charged at £12 per day, payable to Long Travel • If heating is requested, you will be charged at the daily rate (you will always be charged a minimum of three days), including the day you request the heating for the whole of the rest of your stay. It will be switched on only after Long Travel has received this payment from you. If you later request that it is turned off, you will be refunded the unused days, not including the day you contact us to turn the heating off • Towels, beach towels, linen, mid-week clean (between 0900-1300), Sat/final clean are included • On your day of departure you must leave the trullo by 0900 • We require credit or debit card details at the time of booking, in case of breakages or damage • For all trulli, a small shopping list can be organised (payable locally, on arrival). Please make a note on your booking form.
EARLY BOOKING OFFER - 2015
BOOKINGS MADE BY 31/12/14, FOR STAYS OF TWO WEEKS IN 2015, RECEIVE £100 OFF 2ND WEEK