- About Us
- Special Offers
Ray & Annie's elegant oasis, the boutique Trullo Melograno with stunning pool - fabulous. Michael loves the tranquillity and the quality. Ray loves the majesty of the olive trees and the amazing pool. Annie loves the colours - even the fridge is sky-blue!
Particularly suitable for adults and sleeping up to 4, with two double en-suite bedrooms, and a shared pool, Trullo Melograno is another of our own special trulli - magnificent and comfortable. Detached and next to Trullo Noce, and in a typically lovely Pugliese rural location, it has a very spacious, quite open-plan, living area. Of extremely good quality, it feels "like a home from home " and the interior décor is fantastic. Guests wrote "Having stayed elsewhere in star-rated accommodation with a maximum possible of four stars, Trullo Melograno should have twelve!! " Many thanks to Pat & Tony, from Codsall.
Approached down a long track, Trullo Melograno is very private and guests constantly marvel at the stillness, peace and tranquillity. Outside, the lovely split-level piazzale, with its built-in barbecue, affords guests the best of both worlds - plenty of space to enjoy the sun, and lots of room to relax under the large old olive tree. Overlooking extensive grounds, with a variety of fruit trees and majestic, mature olive trees, this is a stunning trullo. Guests are welcome to help themselves to any fruit and nuts in season.
Landscaped into the grounds (about 50m away) and discreetly hidden by dry stone walls, is Trullo Melograno's fabulous swimming pool. Shared only with Trullo Noce, and in an idyllic location, with spectacular views reaching far into the distance, this is surely a slice of paradise.
Our stock of our neighbour's wine (and honesty box) - ridiculously reasonably priced, has also proved to be very popular - very popular, indeed! Another big hit is our olive oil - extra virgin, cold press and as organic as it gets, it is Pugliese oil at its best. Note that there is an open stone staircase, at the front of the Trullo Melograno - a traditional and attractive feature giving access to the roof. Therefore, a possible hazard for over-adventurous guests!
Smoking - we ask smokers to smoke outside only please.
Places of Interest:
Martina Franca, Alberobello, Itria Valley
Distance to Coast:
Approx. 20 minutes
- Spacious, particularly suitable for adults; sleeps up to 4
- Not suitable for children under 16 years
- Highly recommended for early and late bookings and all year round
- Built-in barbeque
- Wood-burning stove, with wood provided, free of charge
- Central heating included for early, late and winter bookings; other times supplement payable
- Twice-weekly clean (between 0900-1300, included)
- Towels and beach/pool towels provided
- Washing machine & dishwasher
- CD player
- Smoking - outside only please
- Shared pool with sunbathing terraces, in the grounds; 9/4-29/10, weather permitting
- Mosquito nets & safe
- Full of charm & real style.
- One double "trullo " bedroom, with en-suite shower room & access to its own lovely, small courtyard.
- One twin/double "trullo " bedroom, en-suite shower room.
- Dining room in principal cone, with wood-burning stove, large fridge freezer and arch to cosy snug/sitting room, in a cone, and with rattan easy chairs; another arch to well-equipped kitchen, also in cone, with oven, four-ring hob, dishwasher & washing machine.
"This is really one of the most relaxing holidays we have ever had. Your trullo is faultless." Virginia & Duncan, Reading
"Melograno was everything we expected and more. Thanks for such an enjoyable, peaceful and relaxing holiday". Sheila, Phil & Lucy, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
"We have been most impressed and appreciative of the comfort and quality of Melograno. Our first trip to Puglia and what a well-kept secret it is!" Christopher & Helene, Guildford
"Trullo Melograno is a splendid trullo." John & Geraldine, Hook
"An enchanting place to stay in a very relaxing and friendly part of the world." Fiona & Lionel, London
"Had a fantastic time at Trullo Melograno – lovely and quiet and peaceful." Simon & Sheila, Shotley
"Having stayed elsewhere in star-rated accommodation with a maximum possible of four stars, Trullo Melograno should have twelve!! " Pat & Tony, Codsall
"A fantastic week! We weren't sure what to expect of living in a trullo but it far exceeded our expectation. Beautiful inside and out, pool sublime. Everything thought of. Many thanks to everyone at Long Travel - the best! " Peter & Maddy, Cornwall
"Your trullo is exquisite and the pool is fantastic. What a place to chill out. Hill villages, mediaeval towns, beaches - find these anywhere but the trullo is different! A cracking holiday. " Vernon, Kathleen & Susanne, Swindon
"Trullo Melograno is stunning. We walked from room to room, more and more amazed and thrilled - wonderfully restful and cool. Scenery is spectacular and wild flowers just beautiful. We wouldn't change a thing - it's just perfect " Lawrence & Hazel, Market Harborough
"Trullo Melograno is truthfully the best self-catering accommodation we have ever stayed in. Ray and Annie your eye for detail and interior décor is second to none. Thank you for everything. Long may Long Travel continue. " Jan & Peter, Leics
"What a marvellous experience! Interior and exterior design impeccable. The landscaping outside and to the pool is beyond beautiful. " Elizabeth & Frank and Maureen & Jeff. Market Harborough
"Trullo Melograno has exceeded our expectations and more. " John & Bev, Co Durham
"Our third visit to one of your trulli and as perfect as ever. Continuous sunshine and blue skies made us very happy to stay put and make full use of the delightful pool. We will be back. " David & Jackie and Peter & Jean, Banbury
"We have been visiting Italy since we were students in the 70's and we have enjoyed ourselves on this visit as much as the first. In fact we had ideas of squatting in the trullo and refusing to move out. " Bill & Avril, Ayshire
"We have spent a lovely honeymoon and agree that your pool is particularly special. " Helen & Alastair, Leamington Spa
"Annie - love the blue fridge - shame it won't fit in my handbag. Nick is packing the car with great reluctance - we'll be back! " Denise & Nick, Karen & Tom, Isle of Wight
"Coming for 2 weeks this time we thought we'd have plenty of time to visit all the places we missed first time and still have days around the pool. This was NOT the case so I'm happy to say that we'll HAVE to come again. One of our best holidays ever. Relaxing?!/busy/interesting/wall to wall sunshine and spent in such wonderful accommodation! Totally happy and completely satisfied. PS Special thanks to all at Long Travel for their attention to detail. " Pat & Tony, Codsall
"A memorable week at Trullo Melograno. Puglia exceeded our expectations and the trullo has all we'd hoped for and more. We thoroughly enjoyed all local produce and the wine in the trullo while watching stunning sunsets. Fabulous week. Thank you so much. " Caroline & John, Andrew & Sian, Wimborne
"Nothing nicer than shade from a real tree, blue skies, beautiful husband, wine to die for and a swim. " Nick & Trish, Newnham
"As we leave we are relaxed suntanned and very happy. " Ruth & John, Altrincham and Sue & Ian, Nuneaton
"Trullo fantastic. Pool sublime. We helped ourselves to rosemary, figs and prickly pears and enjoyed fantastic local produce and wine. Alfresco lunches under our olive tree on the terrace superb. A week is too short - don't want to go home. " Ray & Tina, Upminster and Pam & Geoff, Billericay
"It took us a while to wind down to the Southern Italian lifestyle, but we've definitely gone native now! You simply can't beat this combination of charm and real life. " Sally & Lynne, Preston
"A typical day was 50 lengths of the pool to get the weight off; then an extended lunch of pasta, vino, cheese and olive oil, to put it all back on again; an afternoon of reading (i.e. snoozing!); followed by more great food and wine. " Paul & Maria, Wallington
TRULLO MELOGRANO PUGLIA SELF-CATERING
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
Pricing Information (Footer):
• Central heating included in the following periods - 06/01-19/04/13 & 26/10-03/01/14. At other times, heating will be on request and charged at £15 per day, payable to Long Travel • If heating is requested, you will be charged at the daily rate (you will always be charged a minimum of three days), including the day you request the heating for the whole of the rest of your stay. It will be switched on only after Long Travel has received this payment from you. If you later request that it is turned off, you will be refunded the unused days, not including the day you contact us to turn the heating off • Towels, beach towels, linen, mid-week clean (between 0900-1300), Sat/final clean are included • On your day of departure you must leave the trullo by 0900 • We require credit or debit card details at the time of booking, in case of breakages or damage • For all trulli, a small shopping list can be organised (payable locally, on arrival). Please make a note on your booking form.