- About Us
- Special Offers
Ray & Annie's stunning gem, the boutique Trullo Mandorla with lovely pool - unique. Ray is proud of his trees and his landscaping. Michael loves the character and the stylish quality of the trullo and the lovely spot. Everyone loves that it feels really private.
Trullo Mandorla is in a lovely elevated location, just over 2km from Cisternino. Semi-detached from Trullo Zingaro by only about one and a half metres of thick stone wall, guests' privacy is assured, with the use of impressive dry stone walls, landscaping and tree planting, and by providing totally separate driveways, parking areas and outside spaces, which are also opposite-facing. They are actually very separate and private from one another.With lovely views, and set in two and a half acres, they dominate the landscape and are admired by all. In fact, they are so wonderful that a well-known Italian television channel featured them in a programme about trullo renovation, as superb examples.
Trullo Mandorla has two terraces, one of which has a built-in barbecue and an arched pergola shade. Both terraces overlook open grounds, with ancient olive trees, almonds, oaks, pomegranates and countless other native trees and shrubs and there is so much space that guests can follow the sun (or the shade) around, until the very last rays disappear - pure heaven. A short path winds its way to the "hidden " pool, shared only with Trullo Zingaro. As if there in secret, the pool sits, in sheltered seclusion and privacy, behind tall dry stone walls, but is open at one end to enjoy the lovely panorama- absolute heaven!
Always a special example of a trullo, inside is fascinating. Masses of exposed stone, an unusual star-vaulted ceiling, and a "Sovrano-type " cone, lit as a special feature, give it immense character. The living area is quite open-plan, with contemporary whites and greys and olive greens, and with some really interesting local ceramics.
One guest described the interior as "inspirational design " and complimented us on "thinking of just about everything ". Thank you, Tony & Misha, from Leeds. Trullo Mandorla is even well-stocked with wine from our neighbour's vineyard (and an honesty box) - ridiculously reasonably priced, it has proved to be very popular - very popular, indeed! Another highlight is our olive oil - extra virgin, cold press and as organic as it gets, it is Pugliese oil at its best.
Note there is no age limit on this trullo, but we request that children are well behaved and respectful of its beauty - no unruly beasts please!
Smoking - we ask smokers to smoke outside only please.
Places of Interest:
Itria Valley, Martina Franca, Matera.
Distance to Coast:
Approx. 20 minutes
- Sleeps up to 4
- Highly recommended for early and late bookings and all year round
- Wood-burning stove, with wood provided, free of charge
- Central heating included for early, late and winter bookings; other times, supplement payable
- Twice-weekly clean (0900-1300), included
- Towels and beach towels provided
- Washing machine & dishwasher
- CD player
- Mosquito nets & safe
- Shared pool with sunbathing terraces; 9/4-29/10, weather permitting
- Smoking policy - we ask smokers to smoke outside only please
- A fabulous, comfortable and intriguing trullo.
- One double "trullo " bedroom, en-suite shower room, with washing machine.
- One twin/double bedroom, with star-vaulted ceiling & en-suite shower room.
- Quite open-plan living/dining room in large principal cone, with wood-burning stove, contemporary glass table and grey leather chairs. An arch leads into small, well-equipped kitchen, also in cone, with oven, four-ring hob, dishwasher & fridge freezer.
"All in all a lovely week and a very well-run travel company." Tim & Jo, Oxted
"We have just had a lovely week in this beautiful Trullo Mandorla and can only echo everyone else’s positives- one of the nicest places we’ve stayed in." Marilyn & Gene, Gerrards Cross
"A wonderful fortnight in a very special place! Enormous thankyou’s to Annie and Ray for all their kindness and the rest of the team for helping make such a memorable holiday." Sandy & Peter, Ross-on-Wye
"Had a wonderful holiday in delightful Trullo Mandorla. First visit to this part of Italy and would certainly return. Two weeks wall to wall blue skies and sunshine." Diane, Bedford
"Wonderful time in this beautifully restored trullo and beautiful pool." Dan & Elspeth, Edinburgh
"Perfect for 2 couples. The kitchen, especially well-equipped, allowed our resident Italian chef (Toni) to conjure up amazing dishes using the very tasty local produce. The standard of cleanliness is top class and Sandro has always made himself available to offer advice & help. A fantastic holiday. Ci ritorniamo al piu presto!" Denise & Toni, Linda & Ken, Southport
"We had the most amazing time at Mandorla, where the sun lies beautifully on the deep blue sky. Our holiday started off with our bags lost in transit, but Super Sandro helped us sort it out. The recommendations by Long Travel were very helpful and spot on. There’s so much more we could say about this place. We love it and will definitely be coming back next year. Bellissimo!" Pam, Nic & Elle, Warrington
"How can a week go past so quickly? We were looking for a relaxing, peaceful week and we haven’t been disappointed. We have loved being at the trullo. We’ve seen fantastic sunsets, loads of stars and a big full moon." Janet & Carlo, London
"The interior is an inspirational design - you have thought of just about everything " Tony & Misha, Leeds
"What fabulous accommodation. Having travelled to Italy many times over the last 15 years, Trullo Mandorla is the best accommodation we've stayed in and will be the standard by which we judge others. The pool is magnificent. " Nick, Suzanne & Luca (9), Coventry
"Really impressed by trullo - well equipped, wonderfully Italian, spectacular views. Really sorry to be going home - hope to return soon! " Stu & Lynda and Sheila & Dave, Notts
"This is our first visit to Puglia and we couldn't have chosen a better place and a more beautifully restored pied a terre. You have done a wonderful job and provided all mod cons. The area includes a real variety of very unspoiled places. It feels like a secret place that others have yet to discover! Thank you for helping us to find it. " Barbara & Murray, Dewsbury
"The trullo is particularly beautiful. We've had a relaxing week and thanks to the Long Travel Team for their personal and exceptional service and their attention to detail. This is our second holiday two years on the trot with Long Travel and we're already looking forward to the third. " Jonathan, Michele, Harry & Jade, Lewes
"What a fantastic place for a really relaxing holiday. The pool is amazing. The trullo is cool during the day and very well-equipped. " Carolyn, Gary, Ben & Imogen, High Peak, Derbyshire
The Sunday Times described Trullo Mandorla as, "..ancient but expertly restored, and more Tardis than hobbit-hole….the perfect blend of comfort and character. "
TRULLO MANDORLA PUGLIA SELF-CATERING
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
Pricing Information (Footer):
• Central heating included in the following periods - 06/01-19/04/13 & 26/10-03/01/14. At other times, heating will be on request and charged at £15 per day, payable to Long Travel • If heating is requested, you will be charged at the daily rate (you will always be charged a minimum of three days), including the day you request the heating for the whole of the rest of your stay. It will be switched on only after Long Travel has received this payment from you. If you later request that it is turned off, you will be refunded the unused days, not including the day you contact us to turn the heating off • Towels, beach towels, linen, mid-week clean (between 0900-1300), Sat/final clean are included • On your day of departure you must leave the trullo by 0900 • We require credit or debit card details at the time of booking, in case of breakages or damage • For all trulli, a small shopping list can be organised (payable locally, on arrival). Please make a note on your booking form.
For stays before 31/05/13, receive 20% discount.