- About Us
- Special Offers
Ray & Annie's luxury home, their boutique Trullo Azzurro with beautiful pool - heavenly. Everyone loves the location, the architecture, the character, the luxury and personal touches, the incredible pool - Puglia at its very best. We all love the cats, too!
In a really stunning spot, with lovely views over open countryside, to the wooded valley beyond, Trullo Azzurro is our very own home in Italy. It is difficult to find such remarkably large cones in a trullo and the tasteful, luxurious accommodation is extremely spacious and comfortable, particularly suitable for adults, with three double bedrooms, three shower rooms and a fabulous private pool. It is ideal for one couple wanting something special, or for up to 6 guests, who we hope will treat our home with as much tender, loving care as we do. We never move any of our lovely "bits and pieces ", believing that everyone should be able to enjoy Trullo Azzurro, as we do, so please be respectful of its superb quality and beauty.
Approached down a long driveway, the extensive grounds are dotted with fig, almond, cherry, pomegranate and olive trees. Guests may also see cereal crops and are welcome to help themselves to any fruit and nuts in season. Ray's passion for gardening, and Domenico's care when we're not around, has provided Trullo Azzurro with the most beautiful gardens, oozing with Mediterranean plants, ornamental trees and palms, and full of colour much of the year. There is also a pergola parking area.
Inside, the trullo mixes traditional with contemporary. The kitchen is a dream, with solid stone worktops, a larger than usual oven and hob, and a fabulous glass state-of-the-art dining table and ultra-modern chairs. The sitting room is resplendent with white leather sofas. The piece de resistance has to be the "suite " - one of the double bedrooms, which is extremely spacious, as boutique and designer as it comes, and with a spectacular shower room, which puts most five-star hotels to shame. The other en-suite shower room is also really impressive and contemporary.
From the lovely, large, beautifully furnished terrace/piazzale, with built-in barbecue, for al fresco dining, there is just a glimpse of blue, through the gardens and over the dry stone wall. In a very private and amazingly sheltered spot is Trullo Azzurro's wonderful pool. With views from its sunbathing terraces to die for, photos simply cannot do it justice - it is so fabulous.
We have lots of regular guests at Trullo Azzurro and everyone loves it as much as we do. They also love (and feed - thank you all so much!) our "adopted " cats, Figlia and Little Smooch. We provide the food - guests provide the love. Our stock of our neighbour's wine (and honesty box) - ridiculously reasonably priced, has proved to be very popular - very popular, indeed! Another big hit is our olive oil - extra virgin, cold press and as organic as it gets, it is Pugliese oil at its best.
Smoking - Smoking is prohibited. If any members of the party smoke, please choose one of the other trulli.
Places of Interest:
Itria Valley, Martina Franca, Ostuni, Matera.
Distance to Coast:
Approx. 20 minutes
- Extremely spacious, particularly suitable for adults; sleeps up to 6
- Not suitable for children under 16 years
- Highly recommended for early and late bookings and all year round
- Wood-burning stove, with wood provided, free of charge
- Central heating included for early, and late bookings; other times supplement payable
- Twice-weekly clean included (0900-1300), included
- Towels and beach/pool towels provided
- Dishwasher & washing machine
- TV/DVD/Hi-fi/CD/cassette in snug
- Private pool with sunbathing terraces; 9/4-29/10, weather permitting
- Safe & Mosquito nets
- Cats to be cuddled & fed
- Smoking is prohibited. If any members of the party smoke, please choose one of the other trulli.
- Absolutely splendid & spacious trullo of superlative quality.
- One spectacular "suite ", with double bed - a mix of traditional and contemporary. Ultra-modern en-suite shower room, with washing machine.
- One double bedroom, with an amazing contemporary en-suite shower room.
- One double "trullo " bedroom, private spacious shower room across corridor.
- Sitting room in large principal cone, with leather sofas.
- Separate cosy snug, in small cone,with woodburner & TV/DVD.
- Fantastic, extremely well-equipped, live-in kitchen, in large cone, with big oven, five-ring hob, dishwasher, huge fridge freezer, extensive stone worktops & stunning glass table.
Susy Smith, Editor of Country Living Magazine wrote in the February 2013 issue, "Trullo Azzurro's ancient limestone buildings have been immaculately restored, complete with whitewashed walls and bright blue doors and shutters. The traditional exterior belies a luxurious modern Italian interior, including a sleek kitchen, white leather sofas and a bed that looks like it could have come straight from the Milan Furniture Fair. The crowning glory, though, is the stunningly beautiful pool. Completely secluded and edged with artful planting, it is the epitome of contemporary chic....."
"We came on this holiday because our batteries were running on empty. When we told Sandro that, not only was this our first holiday in Italy, but also our first time with Long Travel, he said we were in for a very special holiday. He was NOT WRONG! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trullo. It is by far the highest standard of self-catering we have stayed in – anywhere in the world. We are completely smitten with Puglia and its wonderful people. They are amazing people living in a beautiful place." Charlie & Jenny, Boston
"Arrived late on Saturday night to a warm welcome from Sandro. We had a very relaxing stay in this wonderful oasis, away from the hustle and bustle of city life." The Waterlows, London & Vancouver
"We were immediately struck by the very high standard of Trullo Azzurro. We are very aware of the thought, time and no little expense that have been invested in this superb trullo." David & Pamela, Daventry
"It will be a struggle to leave here. Having Trullo Azzurro to ourselves – just the two of us – has been blissful. This has been the loveliest accommodation we have ever stayed in – a really relaxing holiday." Lindsay & Yvette, Leamington Spa
"Thank you once again for our perfect stay at Trullo Azzurro. It’s our 4th visit and each time it gets harder for us to leave. I love walking through the door and feeling like I am “home” once again. Trullo Azzurro is such a beautiful special place!" Sue & Ian, Fleet
"The trullo is beautiful and we can tell that it has been lovingly restored – so many personal touches, not to mention a kitchen fit for Jamie Oliver!" Bea, Hampton
"This has been our most perfect holiday to date. It took our breath away. It really is a very special place. " Ian & Sue, Church Crookham
"It was an amazing two weeks in an unbelievably beautiful trullo. I have loved sitting by the pool and watching the sunset. Thank you sooooooo… much for letting us use your beautiful home. " Jemima (16), Bristol
"What a knock out place! We have so appreciated the space and the attention to detail in and around the trullo. It is both elegant and practical to live in and supremely comfortable. " Heather & Alan, St Albans
"Your trullo never fails to delight and surprise - and what a surprise!! First impressions of your new 'suite' - wow!! So beautiful, spacious and airy. Thanks for a great holiday. PS You wanted us to have fun and enjoy - I can reliably confirm your wishes have been fulfilled! Ciao. " Carol & Peter, Notts
"All I remember of our arrival were the squeals of delight from our teenage children and our beams of joy. " Hilary & Adam, Bristol
"I loved it all! (except for the sand in my shorts.) It's a perfect destination for a perfect holiday. " Molly (16), Bristol
"As a man of simple pleasures I am easily entertained by basking in the sun by the pool. What I really needed was a tranquil holiday and I can't imagine anywhere more apt. One of the most beautiful sights I've witnessed for a while is staring up at the night sky - it has really cleared my mind. " John. Bristol
"I am woken early by Domenico's rooster. This does not anger me - instead I feel grateful for the extra hours of glorious peace and solitude in this beautiful house. It has wrapped its comforting walls around us like a hug and absorbed all our worries and woes. We are all refreshed, closer to each other than before and happy to be together.
This was a special holiday for us - a farewell time to be together as a family in a special place. We were hoping for a lovely place in our favourite holiday destination but we got so much more! Thank you Ray and Annie for letting us share this beautiful house and home.
Domenico and Sandro were wonderful. You are so fortunate to have found such wonderful people. We are so sad to be leaving today. Thank you for everything. " Alison, Trevor, Holly, Matthew & Kate, Winchester
David Wickers wrote for Good Housekeeping, that Trullo Azzurro is " superbly equipped ", and, in his article entitled "Food Lover's Puglia " he writes, "Traditional stone houses such as Trullo Azzurro lend Puglia a fairytale quality. "
Elisabeth Mahoney wrote for the Scottish Herald, "…a large house, with a mesmerising setting… "
TRULLO AZZURRO PUGLIA SELF-CATERING
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
PRICES IN £'S PER PROPERTY, PER WEEK, INCLUDING C-1 HIRE CAR WITH A/C
Pricing Information (Footer):
• Central heating included in the following periods - 06/01-19/04/13 & 26/10-03/01/14. At other times, heating will be on request and charged at £18 per day, payable to Long Travel • If heating is requested, you will be charged at the daily rate (you will always be charged a minimum of three days), including the day you request the heating for the whole of the rest of your stay. It will be switched on only after Long Travel has received this payment from you. If you later request that it is turned off, you will be refunded the unused days, not including the day you contact us to turn the heating off • Towels, beach towels, linen, mid-week clean (between 0900-1300), Sat/final clean are included • On your day of departure you must leave the trullo by 0900 • We require credit or debit card details at the time of booking, in case of breakages or damage • For all trulli, a small shopping list can be organised (payable locally, on arrival). Please make a note on your booking form.