01694 722 193
We offer a wide selection of cars, to collect from any of the airports throughout Europe.
Please call us with your requirements: (01694) 722193 or email us:firstname.lastname@example.org
|EXCESS REIMBURSEMENT INSURANCE|
Take Advantage of an excess protection package from *£4.50 per day or an annual policy from *£39.99. provided by Insurance4CarHire
How does Excess Reimbursement Insurance work?
Excess Reimbursement Insurance is a voluntary insurance, which is useful if there is an excess applicable to your car hire. The cover applies to the individual, so you are covered, even if you change the car hire company or the type of car that you have hired.
It is designed to repay the excess or repair costs you have to pay under the terms of the rental agreement following damage to the rental vehicle. The reimbursement of the excess is subject to the exclusions detailed in the terms and conditions.
The policy can be bought up to 364 days in advance, right up to before you collect the rental vehicle.
You can choose to buy either an Annual policy, which will provide cover for multiple hires throughout the period of cover, or a Daily policy which will provide cover specifically for the days that you request it.
What is covered
Key features and benefits include:
What is not covered
Please be aware that for this policy is only valid for residents of the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Sweden or the Netherlands.
Coverage exclusions include:
Full details of what is and isn’t covered can be found in the policy wording. The policy documents are available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Swedish and Dutch. These can be found on the product description pages of the insurance4carhire website.
You can buy this insurance through the following link to insurance4carhire.
• One named driver • Unlimited mileage • Third party insurance • Collision Damage Waiver (CDW, insurance excess applies) • Theft waiver for car only, not contents (insurance excess applies) • Local taxes and VAT on the rental • 24 hr breakdown service.
• Fuel (a deposit is taken with the security deposit, this is refunded if the car is returned with full tank) • Collision damage Excess (between approx €500-€2600) • Collision Damage Excess Refund (Super CDW) • Theft Excess (between approx €1700-€2700) • Theft Excess Waiver • Personal accident insurance (not necessary if you take our holiday insurance) • Traffic and parking fines and associated admin charges • Any out of working hours collection charges if your flight arrives outside the car hire office normal hours N.B. if you drop your car off outside working hours, you can usually leave the keys at the point provided, without charge • Insurance for damage to interior, towing charges, wilful damage or damage through negligence, customers may therefore be liable for damage to these items. • Any damage done to a car off a public road, i.e. unmade track/driveway will not be covered by the car insurance • Extra driver charge & Young driver surcharge • Optional extras (payable locally) • Airport tax and VAT on extras • Hire of child seats • One-way rental charges
|Car Hire Extra Information
(€ payable locally, excluding airport tax)
|Minimum age|| 18-24 yrs, depending on vehicle type (there is usually a supplement for drivers
aged under 25 yrs
|Licence||Held for at least 1 year. Latin-based alphabet only (no Arabic/Chinese etc) unless accompanied by valid international license.|
|Extra driver charge||From €7 per day (approx)|
|Endorsements & Young driver charges||From €16 per day (approx)|
From €20 per day (approx). Charged for maximum of 3 days.
|Endorsements||Check at time of booking|
|Out of hours collection charge (on request)||From €25 (approx)|
|One way rental charge||From €80 - €350 (approx) per rental|
|Collision damage excess||Between €900 - €1500 (approx) depending on car group|
|Theft Excess||Between €1700 - €2700 (approx) depending on car group|
|Collision damage excess waiver (Super insurance cover)||
Cover starts from €14 per day, payable locally for similar cover.
OR PAY £4.50 PER DAY AT TIME OF BOOKING
|Security deposit||Credit card imprint to cover any costs|
• The prices shown above are for cars with unlimited mileage, collected from and returned to the airport.
• For airport pick ups, Long Travel must have correct flight numbers and timings to ensure booking.
• The rental voucher and a valid driving licence (and valid DVLA check code) must be presented when collecting the car. We cannot be held responsible for rentals rejected if you do not have your voucher, valid driving licence or check code.
• When taking delivery of your car, the driver(s) will be asked to sign the car hire company’s Conditions of Hire, making the rental a direct contract between each driver and the car hire company. You should retain your rental documents for at least 28 days after returning home.
• Drivers must produce a full driving licence held for at least one year or in some destinations, three years (in some cases an international driving licence will be required). If you have the new style UK licence, ensure you take with you proof of your driving history using the DVLAs online tool. Faxed or photocopied licences are not acceptable.
• Roof racks are not available. Please book a car with a large enough boot for your luggage!!
• Cars returned 30 minutes or more later than collected incur an extra day’s rental at local rates. No refunds are payable on cars returned early.
• Child seat belt laws (at the time of writing) - Infants up to 9 months (or 9 kgs in weight) must occupy a baby seat, usually attached to the front passenger seat. Children over 9 months, but under 4 yrs (between 9 & 18 kgs) must travel in secured child seats in the rear. Supplements for baby and child seats are payable locally and we must be informed, at the time of booking, whether an infant/child seat is required. For last minute bookings, child seats may sometimes not be available, in which case you must take your own. It is your responsibility to ensure that the seat is fixed securely, some hire companies will expect you to fix the seat yourself. Others may fit the seat for you. To be satisfied that the child seat will adhere to the safety standards one would expect in the U.K we recommend that you take your own. Any child seat provided by the car supplier will adhere only to the Italian safety standards, which are not always as stringent as in the UK. It is the driver's responsibility to adhere be familiar with and adhere to current seat belt laws (which may have changed since the time of writing).
• Please inform us at the time of booking, if the driver is under 25 yrs or over 65 yrs.
• You must declare any endorsements that the driver has, at the time of booking. This usually causes no problem but it is your duty to inform the car hire company through us.
• Car hire companies cannot be held responsible for flight delays. In the event of flight delays causing the car pick up time to fall outside normal office hours, clients will be liable to pay the out of hours charges locally.
• In the event of a delayed flight arriving so late that the car hire office is closed, the car may have to be collected the next day. Cars will not be delivered to the accommodation.
• During the summer months and other holiday times, throughout the year, many airlines fly into the same airport, at the same time. It is therefore fairly likely that you will need to queue to collect your hire car, during these periods.
• Clients should note that in many areas of Southern Italy, there are no local car hire depots, and, often, the airport is the nearest. Should something go wrong with the car, a replacement will not be delivered and clients will have to return to the airport to collect another car. Thankfully, this rarely happens. However, it is unavoidable, and clients should weigh this up against the joy of being in a “non-touristy” area.
We can pre-book these at very competitive rates. Please ask for details.
There will be a 1.8% surcharge for payments made by credit card and a 2.5% surcharge for payments made by Amex. No charge for debit cards or cheques.